TTS has over a decade of experience in applied R&D and product development in natural fibre-based green building composites, focusing on integrating agricultural (hemp, flax and cereal straws) with forestry fibres (bark, harvesting slash, sawdust, construction waste and municipal fibre waste). Our work in the natural fibres sector is founded on a proven track record of technical and innovative excellence in the forest products industry, having worked extensively for the largest forest products companies and equipment manufacturers in the world for over a decade. TTS has been a partner of choice in assisting these companies with novel product development, process improvement (PI) programs, developing internal R&D programs, and developing and implementing quality control (QC) and training programs.
TTS also has extensive experience in applying our unique microwave technology to natural fibre manufacturing processes. We have designed, constructed and optimized a microwave system, as well as developed the specifications and product recipes, and provided the personnel training for six laminated veneer lumber (LVL) mills around the world. TTS currently operates the only natural fibre laboratory in the world with a continuous microwave technology system, and utilizes this system in the production of many of its biocomposite products.
TTS’ specific areas of expertise include:
- Optimization of veneer production
- Optimization of dry veneer production
- Development of pressing strategies
- Characterization of wood resources for LVL manufacturing
- Design and development of various LVL products
- Plant and product certification by a third party agency
- Design specification of glue preparation and delivery systems
- Evaluation of glue systems for composite panel manufacture
- Development and implementation of start-up strategy
- Preparation and implementation of quality assurance (QA) programs
- Optimization of composite panel and engineered wood manufacturing processes
- Training of personnel in variability reduction and process optimization
- Trouble-shooting in Plywood, LVL, OSB, MDF and other reconstituted natural fibre products manufacturing operations.
- Bio-Composite product development projects identification and implementation.
For more information see our Consulting Services and read about our case studies.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 July 2009 19:24